Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-site-prefixes-03.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 07:40:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Site prefixes in Neighbor Discovery
	Author(s)	: E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-site-prefixes-03.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 01-Jul-99
	
This document specifies extensions to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery to
carry site prefixes.  The site prefixes are used to reduce the effect
of site renumbering by ensuring that the communication inside a site
uses site-local addresses.
This protocol requires that all IPv6 implementations, even those that
do not implement this protocol, ignore all site-local addresses that
they retrieve from the DNS when the AAAA or A6 RRset contain both
global and site-local addresses.  If the RRset contains only site-
local addresses those addresses can be used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-site-prefixes-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-site-prefixes-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-site-prefixes-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.