Re: Transfer of internet resource policy, change of business structure
On Thu, 10 Sep 2026 19:29:23 +0200 Sébastien Brossier <sebastien@brossier.org> wrote:
so your BV needs a new membership.
Why not simply continue operating the LIR as a natural person, with the LIR assigning to the BV whatever resources it actually needs? Greetings, Norbert
First of all, Thanks Sébastien for your reply! I guess that does make sense, and yes I'm indeed still breathing I guess my wishful thinking was that because legally (from a tax perspective), the BV (limited) company absorbs all assets, etc of the eenmanszaak/sole proprietorship (This is the assumption the dutch tax office makes if you do e.g. what they call a "silent conversion" where the BV continues with the books of the eenmanszaak as well). Internet resources, I believe would generally be classified an asset, and thus inherited, but I guess the membership indeed does not. I think? RIPE NCC considers all sole proprietorships to be "natural persons" (because it's not a separate entity), but RIPE NCC at the same time allows sole proprietorships to put their VAT number etc, on invoices. The sole proprietorship itself obviously will cease to exist, the VAT number also becomes invalid. And on the other hand, things like the bank account can change ownership to the BV (confirmed with the actual bank), colocation contracts, etc, same thing. But I guess indeed, new membership being required here. @Norbert, Why not simply continue operating the LIR as a natural person, with the LIR assigning to the BV whatever resources it actually needs? I could, however, things like ASNs etc will then still say "Lucas Rolff trading as X B.V.", technically fine But cost wise, the membership then would be the yearly fee paid by the natural person (which would be using money that has already been taxed), where the membership through the BV/Limited company would be using money pre-tax. So it does become more "expensive" doing it that way. I do however, think it's interesting that memberships itself cannot be "transferred" (or rather get the membership VAT number and trading name updated), while we can do it in many other settings with various suppliers. BUT, I do not know enough about dutch law in regards to whether that's simply not permitted when RIPE NCC itself is considered an association, I'm assuming there's specific legal limitations there. - Lucas R
On 10 Sep 2026, at 19:51, Norbert Bollow via ripe-list <ripe-list@ripe.net> wrote:
On Thu, 10 Sep 2026 19:29:23 +0200 Sébastien Brossier <sebastien@brossier.org> wrote:
so your BV needs a new membership.
Why not simply continue operating the LIR as a natural person, with the LIR assigning to the BV whatever resources it actually needs?
Greetings, Norbert
----- To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options, please visit: https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/ripe-list.ripe.net/ As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with the email matching your subscription before you can change your settings. More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/
participants (2)
-
Lucas Rolff -
Norbert Bollow